Saturday, October 17, 2009

Food from last week!

I've been super busy with work and have fallen behind in updating everyone on the minutia of my eating habits. I hope to get caught up this weekend.


This was a most excellent meal. I made slow cooked pork carnitas, brown rice with cilantro and lime, homemade salsa, and black beans. I was very proud of myself for showing restraint with the number of habanero, serrano, and jalapeno peppers that I used in the pork. I wanted to use 4 of each, which would have be just plain crazy. It would have lit my face on fire with heat and induced indigestion within minutes. Instead I only used 2 of each pepper. The pork was perfection - very spicy but still edible.


Here's the finished product, served on a whole wheat tortilla.



Stromboli! I love stromboli. The one in the back is made with a whole wheat crust.


Yummy! Whole wheat stromboli with shaved ham, baby bella mushrooms, and provolone cheese.


For the picky eaters (i.e. Tony!).... Pepperoni and provolone stromboli.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */