Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Flu Flu, Black Plague...

I have no idea what kind of virus that we were recently been afflicted with, but it was pretty brutal. Ian was sick for 8 days, I was sick for 9, Connor and Tony were sick for about a week. The kids missed an entire week of school. I did my best to take care of the kids and myself but the entire time period was a blur. I can't even tell you much about what we ate during that time.... Gatorade, water, diet soda, baked potatoes, soup...




I found this picture on my phone, so at some point I know that Ian had pancakes. By process of elimination, I can tell you that I made these pancakes. Tony, Connor, and Ian don't know how to make pancakes and these clearly aren't the frozen variety. That means that I made them. Go mom!


Here is Ian on day 5 of the illness. We had all had a temperature of 100 degrees or higher for several days. Some of us (okay, most of us) were not bathing daily.


The plague started to lift just in time for a most joyous occasion - my sister's baby shower! Yep, she's having a baby and I could not be happier for her and David. In preparation for the shower, I made 3 dozen homemade sugar cookies with a confectioner's sugar glaze. FYI - these cookies are supposed to resemble baby boys wearing diapers not fat, bald, European men wearing speedos.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Ian's 'do. The baby boy cookies were excellent!

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */