Sunday, February 14, 2010

Carsonie's in Upper Arlington


Tony and I went to Carsonie's in Upper Arlington for the first time last night. The high point of the meal was the pizza that we split as an appetizer. The dough was fresh and thick, but not too thick. The cheese and toppings were good quality and plentiful enough. We will definitely go back for the pizza.



The pasta dishes that we ordered were just meh. Not bad but not great. I am a stickler for al dente pasta and was disappointed that my penne was over cooked. The sauce was good - roasted red peppers, spinach, mushrooms, and a light cream sauce. Tony had Chicken Carsonie, which is actually just chicken Parmesan. I cannot recall one single time that Tony as dined at an Italian restaurant and not ordered chicken Parmesan. I think that pigs would fly, hell would freeze over, and the Earth would stop turning if Tony ever ordered anything but chicken Parmesan at an Italian restaurant.

Other notes: Carsonie's has Peroni beer on draft. They score extra points for this. The stromboli here looked amazing. I will definitely go back to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */