Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Barley's Ale House and Interpol




I love Barley's Ale House (the one downtown, not the Smokehouse in Grandview). It's cheap, the food is great, and the beer is even better. I had pierogies and a salad. And Scottish ale.


My brother had bangers & mash. And Scottish ale.


Then we walked to the LC and saw School of Seven Bells (not a fan) and Interpol (huge fan). The boys in Interpol are always so well dressed. I wish that I had gotten better pictures.


It seems that hipster men have moved on from the mustache trend and are now sporting mullets. Yes, mullets. I couldn't get a good picture, but Paul Banks from Interpol has what can only be described as a combo fauxhawk/mini mullet. It's atrocious.


Here's a screen shot of Interpol's appearance on Conan O'Brien from 2/11/2011. Here's a quote from TeamCoco's site: "Front-man Paul Banks was also sporting a pretty snazzy ‘do that I’m going to call “the baby mohawk mullet.” And if you Google "Paul Banks mullet", you'll see numerous Tweets that say things like "Did Paul Banks lose a bet?" Perhaps that's it. Perhaps he lost a bet and was forced to get the worst haircut known to man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */