Friday, September 18, 2009

Coney Island


I've been to NYC more times that I can count, dozens of times, but I have never been to Coney Island. So on our most recent visit, Ian and I made the long haul out to the far reaches of Brooklyn to check it out. The subway ride out there is about an hour from the East Village of Manhattan, but it was worth it. Ian had a blast on the kiddie rides and I had fun people watching.



Ian on the carousel horse.




You can pay $3.00 to try and shoot a "freak" with a paint ball gun. When I heard about this attraction, I instantly pictured someone with face tattoos and a lot of piercings who also performs carny tricks. Disappointingly, it was just a regular guy wearing camouflage and a protective vest. He didn't even have a mohawk.

Kiddie rides and a big Ferris wheel!


Thumbs up!

Ian, looking tough!


View from the boardwalk


The boardwalk


The view of the ocean was really pretty from the boardwalk


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */