Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tony milks his birthday for everything that he can - 08.02.2009



Tony received an Applebee's gift card for his birthday. He's like a kid with a couple bucks in his pocket when he gets a gift card. He wants to use it right away. As a result, we had a late lunch at Applebee's. I make fun of Applebee's constantly, but truth be told, I used to frequent it for happy hour. We haven't been to one in probably 6 years though.








The food was better than I remember, but it still wasn't great. I had french onion soup and a chicken ceasar salad. Both were okay. Tony had an A1 burger.






Connor had mini sliders which he took one bite of and declared to be "not very good". Ian had chicken fingers. He enjoyed them right up until the moment that he started to gag on one and spat it up in to my salad. At that point, I decided that I was finished with my salad.







After lunch, we went home to veg out. We watched about 4 hours of Man Versus Food. Tony begged and begged for hot wings and reminded me several times that it was his "birthday WEEKEND". So I relented and we tried a new place, Roadhouse Wings & Grill.







The wings at this place were really flippin good! I had the second hottest sauce available and it was... very hot... and very good!









Tony had hot wings, Connor had medium, and I had extra hot boneless wings.










I asked Ian how his food was and he threw some gang signs at me. I'll leave that response open to interpretation but he looks pretty happy in this picture

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */