Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dinner With The Bosses


My Boss (1) recently invited me, the newest member of our team, and Boss 2 to have dinner at her house. The Boss and her partner are admitted "foodies" and everything that I've had to eat at their home has been outstanding. On this occasion, The Boss's partner made an outstanding meal - sword fish and chicken kabobs, a salad with greens and apples and a homemade dressing, and barley and corn salad - also with homemade dressing. I can't remember the specific herbs and spices associated with each dish, but everything was really good.



Dessert! Shit, shit, shit... I cannot remember what this is called but it sounds like Sofrito, but that's a spanish sauce used as the base to a lot of savory dishes so I know that's not righ... Regardless, this was a lemony, ice creamy, and slightly custardy blend of deliciousness that was served with mixed berries.



After dinner book club - Today I will Nourish My Inner Martyr and Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy. I recommend both books for any sophisticated and classy book club that you happen to belong to.


*Please note that I am not raving about this meal just because I know that The Boss reads my blog. Everything really was outstanding.*

2 comments:

  1. What is this? You belong to a "real" book club now? This is BS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hell no, i don't belong to a book club. i can barely read. my boss brought out the Martyr book after dinner as a joke, and someone else happened to have the Jack Handy book in her car

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */