Monday, June 1, 2009

9th Anniverary Dinner - 05.30.2009

Tony and I went out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate 9 years of wedded bliss. Funny, it doesn't feel like we've been married for 9 years... It feels more like 20... (I kid, I kid!)

We couldn't decide where to go but we wanted to sit outside and eat. We drove around the Short North area for a while and decided to try Marcella's.




We were seated pretty quickly and got a great table right by the sidewalk - perfect for people watching!

The ambiance at Marcella's was great and the food was good. The only downside was our douchebag waiter. I can understand that the place was packed and they may have been short staffed, but that doesn't excuse his shitty attitude.




We started off with a cheese and meat plate. I would love to describe the dipping sauces that came with the cheeses but I can't because our asshat waiter dumped the plate on our table and scurried off before telling us what they were.




About 10 hours after we sat down, and long after the cheese plate arrived, we finally got our wine.




No matter what Italian restaurant we go to, Tony always orders a Caesar salad and chicken parmesan. He will not stray from this standard order. I swear that if we ever travel to Italy that he will order chicken parm everywhere we go. I should also mention that Tony's Caesar salad had 4 white anchovies on top. Upon seeing the little fishes, Tony immediately pushed his plate towards me and ask that I remove them and place them out of his eyesite.




I couldn't decide what to get and wasn't too excited about anything on the menu, so I got the daily special. It was a saffron risotto with shrimp, sausage, and vegetables. Risotto is pretty easy to screw up and if it's not served very fresh and streaming hot, it's ruined. I pleasantly surprised by how well prepared this dish was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */