Sunday, June 21, 2009

Some Stuff From Last Week


I think that this was taken last Sunday or Monday. Regardless, I told Tony that I was making an Insalta Caprese for dinner and he looked at me like I was crazy. I explained that an Insalta Caprese is a fresh mozzarella and tomato salad with basil, olive oil, salt and pepper. When I told him that the salad was ready, Tony grabbed a plate and some salad dressing out of the fridge. He then asked where the lettuce for the salad was. HAHAHAHAHHAHAH. There is no lettuce in caprese salad! You can take the boy out of Indiana but you can't take the Indiana out of the boy...




My personal challenge to crack the code to a perfect lasagna continutes. It's a man versus himself type of story. On Friday, I made a pan of lasagna. This time I used 2 times the amount of sauce than I would typically use and it turned out a lot better. But still not as good as my mom's kick-ass lasagna. Darn you, mother dearest. I will perfect my lasagna recipe and you shall rue the day that you ever made a pan of saucey, noodley, cheesey goodness! PERFECTION SHALL BE MINE!!!


This is currently my favorite food in the world and I make this at least 5 time a week for lunch or dinner. It's a chef salad with baby Italian greens, campari tomatoes, a bit of shredded cheese, and shaved turkey and ham. True story - I would marry this salad if I wasn't already married and it were legal in the state of Ohio.


I made this, so I will post a picture. I was disappointed in myself regarding this meal as it wasn't my best work ever. It tasted good but it wasn't as attractive as I would have liked. This recipe is often called Straw and Hay. It's egg noodle fettucine and spinach fettucine with a light basil cream sauce, tossed with peas and ham. I used grated parmesan in the sauce instead of shredded parm. I discovered that grated doesn't melt nearly as well at the shaved variety. Balls, dude. At least I know for next time.



Okay, so early in the week I mocked Tony for thing that there was lettuce in an Insalata Caprese but then I got to thinking... Maybe fresh mozzarella and tomatoes would be really good on a bed of baby Italian greens with basalmic vinagrette dressing... And it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */