Thursday, July 30, 2009

Excessive amounts of burrito - 07.30.2009

I really wanted Rooster's for lunch today, but that wasn't fated to happen. Chipotle was the next best thing that I could come up with.






Everyone has his or her own special Chipotle combination and the possibilities are almost endless. My favorite combo is chicken, black beans, tomato salsa, corn salsa, and hot salsa in a burrito. I've tried the burrito bol before, in an effort to avoid that 400+ calories in the tortilla wrapper, but it just isn't the same. You need the wrapper to properly heat all of the ingredients together and marry the flavors. I find it best to order the burrito but then open it up and eat the inside with a fork.

*You will notice in this photograph that there is rice in my burrito. I don't like rice in my Chipotle burrito. It's a waste of space that could be used for black beans or chicken. I told the guy "no rice, just black beans and chicken" and he loaded up the rice anyway. I'm a wuss and didn't correct him, so I just ate around it. I am not sure why I felt the need to clarify this, but I feel better now that I did.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */