Thursday, July 23, 2009

Truth For Sanity comes over for dinner & other stuff from this week



I've been getting over a sinus infection and bronchitis, so I spent most of the weekend and the beginning of this week cooking things that were bland and easy to prepare.



A couple of examples - noodles cooked in broth and topped with a little bit of cheese and browned under the broiler.







And mac & cheese out of a box... FYI - This is the three cheese variety featuring cheddar, colby, and blue cheeses - in powered form of course. This was really tasty!










Recently, Truth for Sanity (the band that my husband is in) came over for dinner. Just as I was about to throw food on the grill, the gas tank went out. Balls. Plan B... I had to cook everything inside on a grill pan. No easy feat when you are cooking 5 brats, 6 hot dogs, 2 turkey burgers, and 4 cheese burgers. I was so flustered that I forgot to a take a picture before serving dinner. What you see here is the aftermath.



On Monday, the kids and I had dinner with 3/5 of Truth for Sanity. We met Tony (my husband, the babies-daddy), Bill, and James at Iacono's. I don't know what the hell has been wrong with me lately but I only took a picture of the appitizers and not the pizza! FYI - If you are in the Hilliard area on a Monday, stop by Iacono's for their specials featuring $1 drafts, 1/2 price appitizers, $2.50 individual sized pizzas, and soup & salad bar with 1/2 a sub for $4.50. Good deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */