Friday, July 17, 2009

Swine Flu and Vegas II

At this very moment, I am sitting in the waiting room of an Urgent Care. It seems that I may have contracted the Swine Flu while in Vegas. While I am waiting, I might as well be productive and post the remainder of my Vegas pictures.




FYI - It is *very* hot in Las Vegas in July. I don't want to confuse anyone with fancy meteorological terms or anything, but the technical term for the weather that I experienced while I was there is Hot As Balls. This picture is a fairly accurate representation of how hot it was while I was in Vegas.




On our first night in Vegas we went to a charming family owned restaurant called Battista's Hole In The Wall. It's located near The Flamingo, but isn't inside a hotel. It's a cute place, filled with little statues and small liquor bottles and signed photographs of celebrities that I don't recognize.




The menu is posted directly on the wall. The big bonus to this restaurant is that salad, bread, and the House wine are all included in the price of the entree. I thought that the "free" wine might be a tiny glass and that you would have to pay for additional quantities. I was pleasantly surprised when two full carafes of wine were delivered to our table.




I had the Chicken Rio, which is named after the owner's wife. It's a boneless chicken breast covered in a sherry cream sauce, served over pasta with roasted veggies on the side. I wasn't a big fan of the cream sauce, but the chicken was really tender and the pasta was good.





I can't remember what Melissa had, but from the looks of her plate I think that it was some sort of veal. I really need to start taking notes about the foods that I am taking pictures of.


*Note: I have since returned from the Urgent Care... It came as no surprise to find out that I have the Swine Flu (and by Swine Flu, I actually mean Bronchitis and sinus infection)*


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */