Thursday, July 16, 2009

Vegas Baby!

On Sunday, I headed out to Vegas for an industry conference. I was joined by co-worker and partner-in-crime, Melissa. Despite the ungodly heat and several wardrobe malfunctions (broken shoe heels and busted shoe buckles - nothing of the Janet Jackson variety), we had a great time and got a lot of work done. We also ate some food.


The highlight of the trip (food wise) is pictured above... We had this at the Terrace Cafe at the Wynn Hotel. This bacon and cheese omelet was spectacular. I can't put my finger on exactly why it was so extraordinary, but it was. There was even something special about the hash browns. And do you see that little muffin on my plate? It is some sort of cheesy muffin, savory and not sweet, perhaps made with whole wheat. Whatever the ingredients, I loved it.



And here's the lowlight. This was lunch at day 2 of the conference. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either. I think that an all Asian buffet is an odd choice when feeding a large crowd, but it wasn't the cuisine that I had an issue with. The fact that many of the dishes were served almost cold and poorly seasoned was my issue.



Here is our late night dinner from Monday. This was from the Sugar and Ice Cafe (at least I think that was the name). I had a giant sized Cobb salad with chicken, eggs, bacon, and blue cheese. My cohort had Kobe beef sliders with fries.



Here's the view from our conference booth... Seriously, we didn't have a booth at the actual conference but we did hold several meetings at the Wynn poolside bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */