Friday, July 17, 2009

Food and Self-Loathing in Las Vegas

I'm just going to put it out there... I hate Jimmy Buffet. I might even hate him more than I hate Nickleback. At the risk of alienating members of my loyal readership, I will go as far as to say that I even dislike his fans. The fact is that his music sucks. It's lazy music for people too lazy to find decent music to listen to.




And here's why I suck... I ate at Jimmy Buffet's restaurant while I was in Las Vegas. I was with my dad, the restaurant was right in front of us, we were hungry and thirsty, and I gave in. I hate myself for contributing to the evil empire that is Margaritaville.




I had the chicken nachos. They were okay. They weren't bad and they weren't great. But with each and every bite that I took, I felt like a bigger and bigger bastard.





Later in my travels, I had other meals that did not result in self-loathing. Here is a bowl of tomato bisque with mini grilled cheese sandwiches.





Here's a side salad and bowl of French onion soup. The soup was really good.




Here's my co-worker's chicken Caesar salad. She said that it was one of the best Caesar salads that she has ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */