Monday, July 6, 2009

Dublin Independence Day Parade - 07.04.2009

On Saturday, the kids and I got up early and headed out to my dad's house for breakfast and the Dublin Independence Day parade. He lives near downtown Dublin, so it's an easy walk to the parade.




My dad isn't necessarily known for his culinary skills, but he's pretty handy on the grill and with breakfast. The kids really enjoyed his pancakes.




I was in charge of the scrambled eggs.



After breakfast, we walked to the parade. The kids were armed with bags and ready to collect any candy that was thrown out during the parade. They made out like it was Halloween and each collected a big bag of candy and fliers for various churches and soccer leagues.



Connor is like a teenager. He's too cool to let his mom take his picture in public.

We stood about 4' from AJ Hawk, of the Green Bay Packers and formerly with the OSU Buckeyes, during the entire parade. He was with his wife Laura, who is Brady Quinn's sister. I somehow manage to take a picture of everything I eat, but I was too chicken shit to get a picture of AJ Hawk. Whammy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */