Thursday, July 23, 2009

Good Stuff - 7/22 & 7/23

On Tuesday, I was inspired by the Mary Mac's picture that Erin sent me to make some southern food. I had some fresh black eyed peas on hand, so I made Hoppin John. Hoppin John (or at least the recipe that I used) involves sauteed onions and garlic simmered with stock, bacon, cumin, jalapeno and habenero peppers all served over white rice. OMG, this was a delicious meal! I made mac & cheese as well. Yummy.




Tonight I made tortellini and spinach soup. This was pretty much the best thing that I've cooked since... well, since I made Hoppin John on Tuesday. I sauteed garlic and onion in olive oil and added crushed red pepper, fresh basil, sea salt, cracked black pepper, chicken stock, and crushed tomatoes. Then I threw in a pound of cheese tortellini and a pound of fresh spinach, served with a little grated Romano cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */