Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dinner Out 3.21.2009

I have no idea what my kids ate for lunch or dinner last night. They spent the afternoon and the night at my grandmother's house. They probably ate popsicles and Doritos all day. That's fine with me so long as I they are all in one piece and free of broken bones and stitches when I pick them up later today.

Tony and I decided to go to My Big Fat Greek Kuzina for dinner last night. Tony's not a fan of "ethnic" foods (Greek, Mexican, Indian, Chinese, etc.), so I was really surprised when he actually suggested eating here. The food was great. And cheap!


Leave it to Tony to go to a Greek restaurant and order a Ceasar salad. He said that it was the best Ceasar salad that he had ever had. I tasted a couple bites and it was really good. The dressing tasted homemade and was heavy on the anchoives. Yummy!


The menu at this place is huge and everything sounded good. I was trying to stick to something that was remotely reasonable in Weight Watchers points (i.e. high in fiber and high in protien), so I ordered falafel on a bed of lettuce with hummus on the side. I love falafel and hummus. There is nothing more disappointing than having half-assed, poorly prepared, or bland hummus or falafel. Okay, there are plenty of things more disappointing than bad falafel and hummus - but for the purposes of this post... You know what I mean. Anyway, both were fabulous and rich in flavor.


Tony surprised me again but ordering a Lamb gyro. After 9 years of marriage, I had no idea that he liked lamb. He also got french fries covered in feta cheese and some sort of yogurt based sauce. I tried bites of both and they were both great.


More good stuff... BEER! I don't drink beer very often but a good draft beer seemed to fit the meal. I started with a draft Stella and then had a bottled Efes Dark. Efes is a Turkish beer. It's dark, but easy to drink with just enough bite. I think that Tony had a Blue Moon draft beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */