Saturday, March 28, 2009

Friday - 3.27.2009


Friday was a fun day. The day started with donuts, which both kids asked for but neither ate.

In the afternoon, Tony took Connor ice skating and to Skyline. Tony promised me a picture of their lunch but never hasn't sent it to me. Connor is obsessed with Skyline and will eat there as often as we let him. He had a coney dog, but took the dog off and didn't eat it, and a kid's three way.


I was in a bit of a holding pattern for work, waiting for some updates to be made so that I could test the new game/software that we are developing, so I took Ian to see Yes Man. He had popcorn with extra butter and a Diet Coke (okay, I drank almost all of the Diet Coke). Yes Man was very funny. It started Jim Carrey being the "old Jim Carrey" - lots of slapstick and physical comedy. It co-starred the guy who plays Murray on Flight of the Conchords, one of the stoner dudes from That 70's Show, and Bradley Cooper (who I have a huge crush on). All in all, it was a good cast and a good movie. Definitely worth renting when it comes out on DVD.

After the movie, I took Ian to McDonald's for a Happy Meal and to play on the playground. I don't know why he is crossing his arms and making weird hand gestures in most of the pictures that I've taken of him recently. It probably has something to do with the fact that he thinks that he's a super-powered ninja hero. That's just a guess though. Ian didn't eat even one bite of his Happy Meal but he had fun on the playground.


Here's Tony with one of his favorite things in the entire world - Scottish Ale from Barley's in Grandview. You are able to buy draft beer by the jug there and it stays fresh for two days. Tony swears that the male bartender that works there is out to get him because he always screws on the lid on his jug too tight. See those plyers next to Tony's hand and glass? Tony had to use those to unscrew the lid on his beer. If only I had gotten a picture of that....




Later in the evening, I went out to dinner with sister and brother-in-law. They wanted Greek food so we headed out to The Big Fat Greek Kuzina in Upper Arlington. Tony's tolerance for Greek food is much lower than mine and he looked at me like I had two heads when I asked him he wanted to go with us. He elected to stay home and get a sub from Donato's. You can take the boy out of Indiana but you can't change all of the "traditional" eating habits that he was raised with. Connor elected to stay home and play video games and Ian stayed home to work on his manifesto and build a pipe bomb. Stacey had a chicken pita and David had a traditional pita. You can't tell from the picture, but the pitas are served wrapped in foil that is shaped to look like a swan. I found this very amusing. But that's probably because I am easily amused.

Fried feta cheese appitizer. It was very tasty.

David ordered a Greek beer that he said was awful. He's a trooper and drank it anyway. He did better with the Efes Dark that he ordered next. Stacey and I ordered vodka martinis with pomegranate. I our waitress instead brought us two glasses of cold red wine that tasted like shit. We eventually got the right drinks, but this was the first of many annoying things that our waitress did. She was also kind enough to correct our pronunciation on about 10 Greek words that we very slightly said incorrectly.

I had grilled chicken on rice with lettuce and tomatoes, with a couple of falafels thrown in just for fun. Good stuff.

The best part of dinner was when a woman sitting behind us sent her glass of wine back because it wasn't full enough. It looked like they took it back to the kitchen to fill up and not up to the bar. I hope that the woman enjoyed drinking out of a glass that the kitchen staff most likely licked before bringing it back out to her and eating a meal that they may have spat on. For the record, the glass of wine was properly filled to begin with. I drink enough wine that I know what a full glass looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */