Friday, March 20, 2009

Michelle's Dinner. 3.19.2009


I watch a lot of shows on the Food Network and on the Travel Channel. I am often compelled to try and recreate foods that I have seen various shows. Most recently, after watching an episode Man Versus Food filmed in Chicago, I became fixated on having Chicago-style pan pizza. God knows that there is no decent deep dish pizza in Columbus, so my only option was to make it myself. After a bit of googling for recipes and a trip to Trader Joe's, I created this masterpiece. I baked it in a cast iron skillet to get a perfectly crisp crust. Because this pizza was not delivered to the front door in a cardboard box, my kids and husband declined to partake in my homemade pizza. That's their loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */