Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break Day 3 - Trip to Ten Pin Bowley Alley 3.25.2009

My kids are maniacs at home but are *always* very well behaved at school. Like most elementary schools, theirs uses a color system to track good and not-so-good behavior. My kids are always on Green, the color for good behavior. They've never once been on a orange, red, or blue warning. As a result of their good behavior at school, they each earned a gift certificate for a free hour of bowling at Ten Pin Alley & Spikes in Hilliard. I figured that since it was raining today, bowling would be a good way for them to burn off some energy. Although they are well behaved at school, they are raving lunatics at home so I need all the help I can get in keeping them entertained and occupied. Ten Pin Alley is really nice bowling alley - clean, nice lanes, and great food. They even have an executive chef, unlike every other bowling alley in Columbus.

Let's start with a picture of Ian. He doesn't so much roll his bowling ball as he throws it as far as he can and it slowly makes its way to the pins. His technique is unusual but effective. He got a strike today! Here he is in celebration mode as he does a victory dance and sings "Yeah, Ian! Go, Ian!"




Here's Connor. Don't let this picture fool you, he's actually a very cute kid. He got a few spares but spent the entire time being pissy because his brother got a strike and he didn't.


Now... The food! I really like the pizza at Ten Pin. They use fresh dough, good cheese, and good sauce. Ian ordered chicken fingers and fries and took one bite and refused to touch them again. Connor ate the fries and Shadow (my dog) had the chicken when we got home. Unfortunately, it was a little too early to have a beer. Equally as unfortunate was the fact that I couldn't bowl. I love bowling but I highly suspect that bowling is what caused me to slip a couple of discs that I had to have surgically correct 2 months ago... So, now more bowling for me. But the kids had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */