Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Monday 3.30.2009


Back to school breakfast. Ian started with toast and then moved on to Gogurt. Connor had Frosted Flakes.

Connor's lunch - water, pretzel rods, string cheese, and Cool Ranch Doritos. I forgot to include dessert (i.e. Crazy Feet).


My lunch - Trader Joe's mac & cheese from a box. Nine times out of ten, I prefer boxed mac & cheese to homemade. It's quick and easy and yummy. I have fond childhood memories of my grandmother letting me have boxed mac & cheese for breakfast. Trader Joe's boxed mac & cheese is superior to Kraft in a couple of ways - 1) It tastes better. The noodles are better quality and the cheese is sharper. 2) You don't need to add butter.


Connor's dinner - "Butter" noodles. He doesn't use real butter, though. He uses Smart Balance. I have suggested to him that he would enjoy his pasta more with real butter and grated parmesan cheese, but he refuses to even try it that way.


On to dinner - grilled chicken salad. This is about as healthy of a dinner as you'll see on here... Organic lettuce, fresh grilled chicken, and locally grown tomatoes.


Here's my salad, as described above and with shaved asiago cheese on top and parmesan peppercorn dressing on the side.



Here is Tony right after he asked "Where's the shredded mozzerella cheese?".... Hummmmm, just a guess but if it's not on the counter... it is probably.... IN THE FRIDGE. DID YOU THINK TO LOOK THERE BEFORE YOU ASKED A QUESTION THAT YOU KNEW THE ANSWER TO? But, I digress... I had to leave the kitchen right after I took this picture for fear of seeing Tony ruining his salad by topping it with canned Chow Mein noodles or crushed crackers and pepperoni.


Here's Ian, the business man. Last night he loaded his wagon with a dozen bottles of Gatorade, a big bag of Goldfish crackers, and a bag of tortilla chips. He then walked up and down the driveway selling his items to Tony, Connor, and me. We all finally gave up some change and Ian was happy. Pocket change doesn't sound like much compensation for his work until you remember that it's 100% profit. I paid for those groceries and he somehow made money off of me for them. Genius!


Not food related, but I wanted to post this picture anyway. Both Connor and Shadow were awake shortly before this picture was taken. I have a few questions... 1) Why would Shadow use Connor's head for a pillow when there were many other real pillows nearby? 2) Why would Connor allow the dog to sleep on his head? 3) How the hell can the two of them sleep like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */