Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Stewarts Versus Food! 3.28.2009

I'll start today's blog update with a big FUCK YOU to whoever stole a bunch of stuff out of Tony's car on Friday night/Saturday morning. They took his backpack, Ipod, my camera, the Sirius radio, cash, and about 10 Truth For Sanity cds. They also stole Tony's new U2 CD. Not only is this person an ASSHOLE, but they also have shitty taste in music. I wouldn't wish a U2 CD on my worst enemy.

I'm not one to sit around and be pissy over something that I can't change, so our day had to go on.

Breakfast... Eggs over easy and dry toast. I ate half of the toast before I broke down and put some Smart Balance on it.


Lunch... Campbell's Heathy Request Chicken and Noodle Soup. Once the soup was thoroughly peppered and salted, it was pretty good (for canned soup).

Now for the big show! As I've posted before, we love the show Man Versus Food. We watched 3 episodes of Man Versus Food on Thursday night and decided that we should have a food challenge at some point over the weekend.

LOCATION: Rooster's on Henderson Road
PARTICIPANTS: Tony, Michelle, Connor, and Ian
BYSTANDERS: My mom and Stepdad
THE CHALLANGE: Pick your preferred type of chicken and the hottest sauce that you can tolerate. Eat all of your chicken. After you are finished eating, you are not permitted to wipe your face or hands with a napkin, take a drink, or leave the table for 5 minutes.

Tony picked bone-in wings with Donkey sauce (the 3rd hottest sauce available). Connor had 5 bone-in wings with medium sauce and a side of Donkey. I (the only TRUE competitor) had grilled chicken fingers with Killer sauce. Ian's challenged himself to do whatever the hell he wanted and eat only as much as he felt like. He had two boneless chicken fingers without sauce and a Diet Coke.


I don't consider Donkey sauce to be a challenge, but Tony's palate isn't as used to spice as mine is.

I should have gotten Super Killer sauce. I did sweat a bit while I ate mine, but it wasn't really a challenge. I have a very high tolerance for spicy foods.

Ian immediately declared himself the winner after one sip of soda and half of a chicken finger. My mom asked him why he's always making crazy hand gestures and he flatly replied "Because it makes me so super happy. Duh."

Ian finished his meal with a gum ball. He wanted everyone to know that blue gum balls turn your tongue blue!

AND THE WINNERS ARE: Connor and Michelle! Tony finished his wings but was immediately disqualified for using his napkin, taking a drink of beer, and going to the restroom. Ian was also declared a winner for his charming ways even though he failed to finish anything that he ordered.

Connor, Ian, and Michelle won! Tony Lost! HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA!



My mom had Teriyaki chicken fingers, which are the most mild available, because she is a big girl-baby likes Teriyaki. My stepdad had 5 medium wings and a "all the meats" pizza. Unfortunately, the pictures of my mom's food didn't turn out.



And just for fun, here's a picture of our late night snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */