Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break, Evening 3. The Kids Have Won and I am Defeated. 3.25.2009

I give up. The kids have won. They've worn me out. It's chaos in this house and I am counting the days until they go back to school next week.

I took the kids to the grocery store with me yesterday and that is what finally broke me. Connor and Ian are exhausting to shop with - physically and mentally. They insisted on riding in the grocery cart that has the car attached to the front. Connor is too damn big to be riding in the car grocery cart but he managed to wedge himself in next to Ian. They then proceeded to argue the entire time while I pushed 93 pounds of kids around Kroger - plus the additional weight of the cart itself and the cart full of groceries. About 15 minutes in to our shopping trip, I just gave in to almost all of their demands. Ian wants a baguette - Fine. Connor wants little ice cream cups - Fine. Starburst? FINE. Nerds Rope? FINE? Popsicles? JUST PUT THEM IN THE CART. Two kinds of Krispy Kreme Donuts? YES, BUT ONLY IF YOU QUIT FIGHTING WITH YOUR BROTHER. By the time we were checking out, I was a sweaty and tired mess.

Here are the results...

When Ian asked for a baguette, he had no intention of letting me slice it for him or of sharing it. While I was carrying the other groceries in, he found the baguette and started eating it whole. I cannot explain what goes on in Ian's head.



The kids have set up residence in a tent in the living room. Here is Ian with his bread and Connor has just finished his ice cream and is eating his Nerds Rope.






Ian with his first of about 5 popsicles. Connor had about 3 popsicles.


Connor battles my cousin, Olivia, for a bag of Krispy Kreme donuts. It was a win/win situation. She got the glazed donuts and he got the bag of powdered donuts.






After spending an hour and $166 at the grocery store, what did I make for dinner? Nothing! We got take out from the new Middle Eastern place down the street, Pita Hut-N-Grille. Goofy name, but the food was great. I had chicken kabobs, falafel, and hummus. Tony had a shwarma pita and french fries. Olivia had the falafel pita. What I loved about this place is that everything is made fresh to order. I watched them roast my chicken and shape and cook the falafel. Another huge bonus is that this place is cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */