Friday, March 27, 2009

This is How We Roll - 3.26.2009


Ian starts his day shirtless and with a chocolate ice cream cone. Why? Because he can, that's why. (note: Ian is on the small side and is on a doctor order high fat, high calorie diet. Otherwise I would really rather he wait until lunch to eat ice cream).

That's a tent in the background. It's spring break and the kids have been camping in a tent in the living room.


My kids and I are all big fans of salty carbs in almost any form. Popcorn is a staple in our house. Connor started his day with a snack instead of his normal bowl of cereal. This is fresh popped white popcorn with sea salt, not that crap that you pop in the microwave.






Despite Wednesday's fiasco at Kroger, I decided to take the kids to Target today to pick up some odds and ends. The kids enjoy the fine foods at the Target cafe and each got a pretzel before we headed home. I can't believe that I am about to type this, but Connor actually looks like Tony in this picture. Connor is my mini-me but he really resembles his dad in this picture. He must have gotten his snarl from Tony.


Here's our dog Shadow. He's waiting patiently for his dinner of Moist N' Meaty and grilled chicken. He's a 5 year old beagle mix and we adopted him from a shelter about 6 weeks ago. He is BY FAR the best behaved member of the Stewart family.



Here's Tony's dinner - wavy potato chips with French onion dip. Please note that the mess in the background is an air mattress and blankets. The kids decided to camp on the air mattress instead of in the tent last night.


Connor eats uncooked cookie dough on an almost daily basis, and that's yet another reason that I shop at Sam's Club. They sell the biggest bucket of cookie dough that I've ever seen. Connor asked for cookie dough last night and I was surpised to discover that a spoon was already in the container when I opened it. When I asked Connor why there was a spoon inside the cookie dough, he said "I'm just trying to save some time. Go ahead and leave it in there for next time, okay?" I guess he's.... um... being innovative. For the record, I did NOT leave the spoon in there. (For those who are worried about food bourne illnesses, please don't let my kid's consumption of uncooked cookie dough concern you. The eggs in the cookie dough are pasturized)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */