Thursday, May 21, 2009

Benito's - 05.17.2009





We went to Benito's on Sunday for an all you can eat cookout. I don't think that grilling is Liz's (the owner) core competency. The food was fine, but not nearly as good as her pizza. We weren't really there for the food though. We were there for the ambiance. It was a nice day and Tony and the kids joined my Dad and I and we all sat on the patio. The adults drank beer and had burgers. The kids weren't hungry, so they just goofed off and had fun.




My dad and I were the first to arrive when Benito's opened. Liz told me that she was a little behind in the kitchen and asked if I could keep track of our bar tab and grab beers out of the cooler as needed. She also handed me $5 and asked me to select songs on the jukebox. She has a kick ass selection on the jukebox - tons of old Rolling Stones, Beatles, Johnny Cash, and Black Sabbath.



Two thumbs-up to Tony for joining us at Benito's and eating! I know that he was busy working around the house and wasn't confident in Liz's grilling skills but he showed up and had a good time. He even ate a hamburger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */