Monday, May 11, 2009

Cookout at My Sister's House

My sister and her husband had the family over for a cookout on Saturday. I love their house. It was built in the 60's (I think) and has lots of interesting features - like a record player that is built in to the kitchen wall. They also have a detached three car garage with a spooky attic space that has weird stuff and the occasional dead animal in it. In addition, they have a Unabomber shed in the back yard that is packed with random objects. For obvious reasons, the kids love going over there. When they were done exploring, David and Connor played badminton.


Ian spent quite a bit of time perfecting the perfect kick-flip with a pillow.


I have no idea what Ian is doing in this picture, but he looks cute.


Side dishes! Baked beans, cheesy potatoes, potato salad, and macaroni and cheese... Hum, seems like we were a little light on the carbs.


Hamburgers and brats

Here's my plate. I love brats, sauerkraut, corn on the cob, and any cheesy side dish.


My sister eats so much ketchup that she needs an entirely separate plate for it. This was the first of many plates of ketchup that she went through at dinner.


My mom and Steve. As usual, my mom seems to be unable to keep her eyes open when a picture is being taken.


Challenger: David
Challenge: How quickly can you eat an ear of corn?
Consumption time: 15 seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */