Monday, May 11, 2009

Graeters Insults My Intellegence - 05.08.2009



I have nothing against Graeters Ice Cream. I am a fan of their raspberry sorbet and the kids certainly enjoy going there. On Friday, I took Ian to the Bethel Road Location to because he wanted to play in their indoor play area. I had never been to this Graeter's before but I had heard that they had a cool play area.

A few notes:
  • The play area isn't "cool". The play areas at Tuttle Mall and Polaris Mall are much better. This one is borning.
  • As expected, the play area was pretty filthy looking. My cousin used to work at this particular Graeters and told me recently that one of her tasks was to clean the play equipment with Windex after they closed for the night. When I pointed out that there is sanitizing properties to Windex, she said "Yeah, well. It's not like I ever cleaned the play area anyway."
  • This play area is ugly and gave me a headache. There's a lot of pink carpeting everywhere and baby blue wallpaper with a cloud pattern all over the walls.
  • The other parents here were annoying. Most of them were helicoptering around their precious spawn and saying things like "Lennox, now Lennox! Listen to mommy! Listen to mommy and be careful!" The entire floor is padded and carpeted and there really isn't anything that is high enough to fall off of, so I am not sure exactly what all of the parents are were worried about. It would pretty hard to hurt yourself at this place.

I would like to discuss this sign that hangs on the wall of the play area. Is it really necessary to tell me that 900 gallons of ice cream is equal to 450 two gallon batches of ice cream? Even my dog could math that easy. And what's the point of making this statement? Ice cream is typically sold by the pint, quart, or carton. A carton of ice cream is typically 1.5 to 1.75 quarts. 1.5 quarts of ice cream is equal to .375 gallons. At no point does the 2 gallon unit of measure factor in to discussions about ice cream. For some reason, I really let this stupid sign rub me the wrong way.



And here's Ian with his chocolate ice cream. He switched things up and asked for a bowl instead of a cone.

For the record, Ian had a great time at Graeters and that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. I've actually never read those signs before. lol i did work in production once. i had to put lids on the pints or something. people came by and stared at me like you stare at the giraffes in the zoo when they stick out their long purple tongues.

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */