Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Brother! 4.25.2009

I am posting a ton of pictures from my brother's birthday dinner because my brother is awesome and and the food was really good.

We had dinner at Dante's Pizza on Indianola Avenue in the Clintonville area for my brother's 29th birthday. Tony and I both loved the pizza and subs from Dante's II when he lived in the Westerville area. We've long since moved to the industrial west side (aka Hilliard) and haven't had Dante's pizza in years. Needless to say, we were very excited to eat there. If you've never been to Dantes, you should go there immediately and eat as much as you can. And bring cash or a check because they don't take debit cards.

Ian is a rockstar. I love that he was wearing sweatbands on his wrists all day. Later in the evening, he put the sweatbands around his ankles and changed in to his favorite Batman pajamas and went to sleep. Awesome.

My sister, Stacey, is sitting with Ian. She is the most photogenic person I know. She's literally never taken a bad picture (except for her 8th grade school picture when she a mouth full of braces and an unfortunate pair of Sally Jesse Raphel eyeglasses). Our cousin Olivia says that Stacey always looks "glamorous" and I think that is an apt description.


Another picture of Ian (being weird) and Stacey (being glamorous).


I think Tony has been reading my blog and has decided to smile more often in pictures!


My mom seems to be incapable of keeping her eyes open in any photograph. I took this picture and told my mom to smile again and keep HER EYES OPEN for the next picture.


And here's why I love my brother... I took the second picture and my mom kept her eyes open but my brother intentionally shut his eyes and then laughed his ass off at me while I bitched at him for ruining the picture. He's a funny guy.



The *only* downside to this restaurant is that they don't serve chicken fingers. Ian doesn't like thin crust pizza, or much else for that matter. He always orders chicken fingers when he can't get pizza with a thick crust. No-go here, so he opted to drink a Coke and be goofy.



The house dressing at Dante's is the shit. It makes iceburg lettuce taste like magic!



My brother and his wife order french fries and fried mushrooms. I'm not a fan of fried mushrooms, but they looked good. I tried a few of the fries and, again, magic! The fries were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and steaming hot.



Subs! Tony got an Italian and I got a ham and cheese. Holyfuckingdeliciousness! Just like we remembered from the old days!



Pizza! We ordered a cheese pizza and another pizza with 1/2 sausage, 1/2 pepperoni. Holyfuckingincrediblygoodpizza! They make their own sausage at Dante's and it's incredible. The sauce is the bomb. Yeah, I said it. The bomb. My mom, Steve, Mandy, and Chris ordered a couple of other pizzas with various toppings. I didn't try any of their pizza, but I assume that it was equally as awesome as ours.

2 comments:

  1. You are crazy. I am pretty sure there are lots of bad pictures of me out there but thanks for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I checked my records (and trust me, I have records on you) and there are NO bad pictures of you ever. Except your 8th grade school picture, as previously mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */