Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Michelle Versus Super Killer Hot Sauce at Roosters - 05.03.2009



This is my new favorite breakfast. An apple, a banana, and a big glass of water are surprisingly filling.


Later in the day, we went to Rooster's. We usually go to the Rooster's on Henderson Road or the one in German Village.  This time we went to the West Broad Street location. A couple notes about this location:
  • Our waitress sucked
  • I can't put my finger on why, but most of the patrons at this location were a little creepy
  • There seemed to be a large gathering of people sitting at the bar and various tables specifically to watch Sunday's new episode of America's Funniest Videos. Is there really a weekly AFV meetup at this Rooster's? Odd, very odd
  • They don't have a Sunday liquor license, only a beer license

Blue Moon and a Corona


Salad... Rooster's homemade house dressing is really good. It's a red dressing that is sweet and a little spicy. 



Ian got his usual - 4 chicken fingers with no sauce



Connor ordered bone-in wings and had a speed eating competition against his dad, only his dad didn't participate. That didn't deter Connor from talking trash and taunting his dad while they ate. Connor finished all 5 wings in record time. Tony was disqualified from the competition for eating only 8 out of 10 wings. 


I decided to up the heat level and ordered Super Killer sauce on my grilled chicken fingers instead of Killer sauce. Super Killer sauce is the spiciest that they offer and I expected it to be nearly too hot to eat. Surprisingly, it wasn't as hot as I had anticipated. Don't get me wrong, it was spicy as hell just not as spicy as I expected. I broke out in a mild sweat and my nose ran a little, but I had no problem conquering the Super Killer sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */