Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Part 2 - 05.10.2009



I really wanted to go to Benito's for dinner on Mother's Day for Liz's spaghetti and meatballs special. I don't think that Tony was trilled about having to go there for dinner, but he had to agree because he doesn't get a say in anything on Mother's Day.



When we got to Benito's, I was horrified to see that they were closed due to a water outage. I had my heart set on sitting on the patio and eating pasta. I had no plan B.

After leaving Benito's, we decided to go to Ottie's which is a pub that is nearby. Guess what? They were closed too. Fuck. On to plan C. Plan C??? Starliner Diner! Oh, but they were closed too.



Plan D... Iacono's. As we walked up to Iacono's, Ian ran ahead of us and yelled "Wait! Let me see if it's open!" He pushed on the door and was thrilled when it actually opened. He then stood infront of the door to wait for the rest of us and opened his arms wide and declared "It's open! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!" That kid has a special way of melting my cold, black heart.



Tony and Connor ordered pizza. Ian got his usual chicken fingers. My brain told me to order cheese manicotti but when I opened my mouth to order the words "Grilled chicken dinner, please" came out. The logical, well behaved part of my brain must have taken over for a moment.



The waitress delivered everyone's food but mine and told me that the kitchen had made me a grilled chicken salad by accident and that my food would be out shortly. She came out a few minutes later with my plate, which wasn't exactly what I had envisioned my meal was going to look like. The server was very nice and apologetic about the delay. Then she offered to sell me the salad that they had made by mistake. Huh? You want me to buy a salad that I didn't order, in addition to the other meal that I am already paying for? I'd just had a side salad anyway, so I politely declined

All in all, it was a great Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */