Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Stewart Go To The Circus - 05.16.2009

We took the kids to see the Barnium & Bailey/ Ringling Brother's Circus this weekend at Nationwide Arena. The circus is a bit different than how I remember it from my childhood. There is no tent, the clowns are still creepy but seem less threatening, and there is a lot more acrobatics. As a matter of fact, the circus shows that we've seen over the past two years have been about 80% human tricks and 20% animal tricks.

Here's Ian with my sister and a $7.00 box of popcorn. Tony and Connor each also bought a $7.00 box of popcorn. Each of their sodas cost $6.00.


Here's my sister, looking ridiculously beautiful as always. She, Tony, and I shared a $4 bag of peanuts.


It was 3:30 PM and I hadn't had anything to eat yet, so I bought a cheddarwurst because there were not brats being sold. Silly me, I thought that a cheddarwurst would taste like a cheesy bratwurst. It actually tasted like a cheesy hot dog. Tony's hot dog was $4.00, the cheddardog was $4.75, and each beer was $7.50. Yes, they sell beer at the circus!


Here is Connor with a $9.00 snow cone in a plastic cup that looks a scary clown.



There were horses


And tigers


And elephants


And then towards the end, things started to get really crazy... If I didn't know better, I would have thought that I was on LSD.



Performers came out dressed as brightly colored flowers and the elephants were dressed as butterflies.


And then shiny confetti rained down from the heavens and the circus was over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */