Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nancy's Home Cooking - 5.1.2009

I haven't been to Nancy's Home Cooking in Clintonville in years but I have fond memories of eating there with my dad and with friends when I was in college. I was sad to hear that the owner was being forced to close after decades of serving cheap, no-frills, homestyle cooking. My dad and I decided to make a trip to Nancy's one last time before they close on June 1st, 2009.

There is usually a line out the door during breakfast at Nancy's. The diner was packed when I arrived, but there wasn't a line. My dad had already grabbed a booth so I was able to sit down right away.



Everything about this restaurant is no-frills. There aren't menus. Signs on the back wall feature your choices. Your breakfast choices include eggs, omelets, toast, bacon, ham, sausage, potatoes, gravy, and sometimes pancakes. That's it. There are no specific items listed on the menu for dinner... The only item listed is "Dinner - $5.50". Nancy's serves only one main dish for dinner every day and if you don't want that, you can usually get a hamburger.


Here's my breakfast - 2 eggs over easy, sausage, wheat toast, and fried red skinned potatoes. All this for only $5.00! Delicious!




My dad opted for the garbage omlet which contains cheese, onions, green peppers, ham, sausage, and bacon.




When we left, there was a line out the door.




Our waitress was also working the grill. Talk about multi-tasking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */