Monday, April 6, 2009

Bird Flu, Day 2 - 4.3.2009

My case of the bird flu was dramatically worse when I woke up on Friday. Severe head congestion, chills, and a low-grade fever were now present in addition to the runny nose and sore throat. Connor woke up with a bad cough and Ian woke up sneezing, so I kept them both home from school. They handle being sick much better than I do and managed to enjoy their day off of school.


In a surprising move, Connor decided to have Capt'n Crunch for breakfast instead of Frosted Flakes. That kid is just full of surprises. If memory serves me correctly, Ian had about half a dozen tubes of Gogurt and 4 pieces of toast with butter.



Homemade chicken noodle soup. This did nothing to improve my condition.


The crazy thing about kids is that they want to be fed - several times a day. By the time dinner rolled around, there was no way in hell that I was going to cook. I didn't even want to pick up the phone and order food, so I ordered Papa John's on-line. Connor, Ian, and I love Papa John's and the arrival of our food brightened everyone's evening. Tony, for reasons that I will never understand, "hates" Papa John's pizza. It's a good thing that he was out on a date with his BFF, Don, and he didn't have to be subjected to the horrors of Papa John's pizza, breadsticks, and cheesesticks. Tony and Don enjoyed an intimate dinner at a Greek restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */