Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day Drinking With My Boss - 4.24.2009


My boss, we'll call her The Boss for the sake of anonymity, and I had lunch at Udipi Cafe on Friday. Indira tells me that this is the best and most authentic Indian food in the area. It's all vegetarian, which is an added bonus. We started the meal with a large Indian lager. It was light but not watery. Delicious!



The Boss did all of the ordering. She was born in raised in India, so I trusted that she would make good decisions (or at least better choices than the fish cakes at Mi Mi). I have no idea what this dish is called, but it was delicious. The white things are steamed rice patties, but they aren't "ricey". They are really light and fluffy and have a smooth consistency, not all at all dense or granular like rice. The red sauce was a soup-like mixture of pureed lentils, potatoes, and vegetables. The rice cakes are dipped in the sauce.


This is a paper thin crepe made of rice flour filled with a mixture of potatoes and spices. Awesome!



Another delicious dish - I think that it is called Uthappam (or at least that is what Google tells me). It's a potato pancake with onions and peas.


Here is The Boss eating a big mouthful of food.


And here's dinner... I made chicken enchiladas with Mexican rice and black beans. Not as good as lunch, but still not bad.

Please visit Udipi Cafe! They are located at on East Dublin Granville Road in the Beechwold strip mall.

1 comment:

  1. The chicken enchiladas were so good but then when we added the margaritas it we felt sick we were so full. That rice was really good. I ate it the next day too, I was sent home with left overs. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */