Monday, April 6, 2009

The End of the Bird Flu - 4.4.2009

I woke up on Saturday very cranky with a lot of head congestion, but I didn't feel as bad as I had the day before. Still, I firmly committed to wallowing in my own misery and feeling sorry for myself all day. And I wanted to get our taxes filed.

My friend Erin sent me a text early in the day telling me that she was in town from Atlanta and asking if I wanted to get together. Suddenly the remnants of the Bird Flu seemed to magically disappear. Erin came over around lunch time and we were going to hang out at my house; however, my screaming and hyper kids made it impossible to have a conversation. Tony was kind enough to "baby-sit" his kids while Erin and I went to El Vaquero for lunch. I was so caught up in conversation and my margarita that I forgot to take any pictures. Erin had cheese enchiladas and I had Heuvos Con Chorizo.

I have no idea what Tony and the kids ate while I was gone. When I got home, I was worn out from my excursion and took a nap.

Later in the evening we all miraculously agreed on what to have for dinner - carryout from Outback Steakhouse. As I've mentioned before, it's very rare that all four of us agree on one single dinner selection or restaurant.


Here's the carryout bag. Isn't it ginormous? Yes, yes it is.


My salad, baked potato, and grilled chicken with the broccoli that I stole from Ian's order. Ian had chicken fingers but ran off with them before I could get a picture.


Connor shocked us all and ordered a steak. Tony had a salad and a filet and a lot of butter complemented by a little bit of Pumpernickel bread.

Oh, and I did start our taxes but never finished them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */