Monday, April 13, 2009

Sunday - 4.12.2009


My dad and Christy stopped by first thing Sunday morning to check the live-trap and have breakfast. We didn't catch the Coyote, which is probably a good thing. I don't know exactly what we would have done if we had caught it. We had a big breakfast of bacon, turkey bacon, toast, omelets, and eggs over easy.



Next up was our seasonal celebration of spring (aka Easter). The kids got their Easter baskets early in the day. Ian was vocally upset that he got Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toys in his basket while his brother got a Lego set. He proclaimed that the Easter Bunny "sucked" but then said "at least he got me Pez."

We had family and friends over for a late lunch/early dinner. My stepdad put it best when he said that the salad was "the tits". It was an amazing salad, but simple. Lettuce, crispy prosciutto, diced tomatoes, gorgonzola cheese, and Asiago Peppercorn dressing.


Side dishes! Fresh green beans, grilled asparagus with basalmic vinegar, au gratin potatoes, and baked potatoes.

The main course! Grilled ribeyes, filets, and chicken. And extra special thanks to my brother for manning the grill so that I could goof off with my mom, sister, and kids.



Dessert! I made two cakes. Connor added his own flair to the green frosted cake by squeezing half a bottle of food coloring in to the frosting.


Before: The bunny cake. I made that all by myself!



After: The bunny cake. It was a red velvet cake... Get it? So it looked bloody when we cut it open! Hahahaha, I amuse myself! I must give credit to the movie Steel Magnolias... I've wanted to make an animal shaped red velvet cake ever since I saw the Armadillo cake in that movie.

2 comments:

  1. i am obessed with that bunny cake. you are going to make my birthday cake for my next big big birthday. yay. less than a year and counting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps it's going to have to be a 3-Dimensional barbie dream cake - holding a bottle of jack. lol

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */