Saturday, April 25, 2009

Going forward, I am boycotting Barley's food but not their beer - 4.23.2009


Snack time - baby carrots. I love baby carrots. They would have been better dipped in hummus but I didn't have any on hand.


Lunch time - Ian and I went to Barley's in Grandview for lunch specifically so that we could pick up a jug of Scottish Ale for Tony. FYI - They sell their draft beers to go in glass jugs that keep the beer fresh for 48 hours. I'm not a big beer drinker but I love the occasional Scottish ale. I've never had a great meal at Barley's but I've never had a bad one either... Until today. I ordered french onion soup. I've had it there before and it's always been great. This could have been great but apparently the cook was too lazy to actually put this under the broiler. The soup was warm, the crutons were still crunchy (gross), the cheese was barely melted.


Mashed potatoes are one of my yop 15 foods and I love the red-skin variety. Barley's serves buttermilk redskins and they are usually good. These were okay, but not really warm. And why the hell is a side of mashed potatoes being served on a lettuce leaf? Really, I have no probably with my potatoes actually touching my plate. I would actually prefer it that way.


Ian got chicken fingers and fries. I usually love Barley's fries. Funny thing is that their fries taste like ass when they are served at room temperature.


At least I had fun with my dining companion, even though the food sucked.


We ordered Flyer's pizza for dinner. I love Flyer's. It's dependably good and it has the "mom and pop" taste that I oh so love. We got cheese pizza and breadsticks covered in provolone.


Tony ordered an Italian sub and commented that he liked the container that it was delivered in. I guess he's getting sick of my hasseling him on this blog because he agreed that I could photograph the food but not him. Tony is a punk-ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */