Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm not a Foodie


I am not a Foodie, nor do I pretend to be. I like food and I like to cook and eat. The term "Foodie" sounds pretentious and fussy to me. It seems to indicate that you must find an appreciation for all "fine" or "interesting" foods, even if these foods are simply things that you do not care for. I don't like sushi. I've tried it, many times, and I don't care for it. Fish cakes don't even look appetizing; therefore, I am not even going to attempt to eat it. I don't think that meat and fruit should be mixed in the same dish. I don't enjoy apricot glazed pork chops or any meat that is stuffed with cranberries. I have a deep appreciation for boxed macaroni and cheese and the perfect grilled cheese.

I am an Eater, not a Foodie.

This is a great article and worth a read: A Call For Revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */