Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Monday - 4.13.2009

Pizza night... Step 1 to making a deep dish pizza - cover a cast iron skilled (or a cake pan, if you must) with fresh pizza dough. I am too impatient to make my own dough, so I buy it pre-made at Trader Joe's.

Step 2 - I accidentally deleted the picture of step 2, but you can visualize it. Layer sliced provolone cheese on top of the dough. Next add a layer of sliced mozzarella. DO NOT put the sauce on first and do not use shredded cheese. These are fatal mistakes and will ruin your pizza.


Step 3 - Add any toppings that you like - pepperoni, ham, mushrooms, etc. Then add a generous amount of red sauce. Lastly, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on the top and bake at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes.


Yummy! I made two pizzas on Monday - the deep dish pizza and then a thin, NYC style pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */