Wednesday, April 8, 2009

On Top of Spaghetti, All Covered with Cheese - 4.6.2009

I'll get to the spaghetti later. Let's start with the candy. Tony quit smoking on Monday, so I stocked up on candy and snacks for him.



I also stopped by La Chatelaine for bread and a strawberry tart for Tony.


For dinner, I made homemade meatballs and red sauce. I've spent many years perfecting my red sauce recipe. What you see on my stove top are the only ingredients that you need to make a great red sauce. There's no reason to over-engineer a good sauce by adding unnecessary ingredients like oregano, thyme, bay leaves, onions, or GOD FORBID - green peppers. Tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil, olive oil, salt, and a little bit of sugar are all that you need. The same advice goes for the meatballs. All you need is ground meat (I prefer chicken, Tony likes beef), breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, eggs, garlic, and basil.

And here's the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */