Monday, April 13, 2009

The Day's Events - Saturday, 4.11.2009


Thank you Tony Stewart for picking up breakfast while I slept in on Saturday. It was very nice to wake up to a McDonald's Sausage McMuffin.


The neighbors recently spotted what they thought to be a fox in our neighborhood. Connor and one of the neighbor's kids also claimed to have seen the fox. I didn't believe any of them, so my killer attack-Beagle and I set out on a walk through the field and wooded area at the end of our street. Shadow picked up on a sent and took off racing through the wooded area and in to someone's backyard. I'll be damned, but what did we see? A wild animal that appeared to be a fox! I called my dad that night and asked him to bring his live-trap over in the morning so that we could try to catch the fox. He showed up bright and early on Saturday, dressed in head-to-toe camouflage. My kids were already wearing their camo, so we put Shadow on his leash and went out to looked for the fox. We quickly spotted him near the same spot that I had seen him the previous day. The animal was wandering a construction area behind the neighbor's back yard. We got a good look at it and it was huge! Bigger than Shadow and bigger than a fox... It was a Coyote!


We put some apples, carrots, and raw eggs in to the trap in hopes of humanely capturing the savage beast terrorizing the neighborhood... We decided to give it a day and check back in the morning to see if we had caught it.


You can really work up an appetite while Coyote hunting. The kids and I agreed that a trip to White Castle was in order. Ian and I like the chicken rings and Connor likes cheeseburgers, without onions or pickles. De-licious!


I have no objection to convenience foods. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed boxed macaroni and cheese and Noodle Roni. But Hamburger Helper just does not appeal to me. I don't like the look of it or the smell of it. Ick. BUT Connor and Tony like it, so I make it for them every so often.


As an alternative to the Hamburger Helper pictured above, I had Stroganoff flavored Noodle Roni for dinner. Yummmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */