Sunday, April 19, 2009

Good Times - 4.17.2009

I work at home 90% of the time and it's a luxury that allows be to often wear my pajamas until noon. On Friday I had a meeting at a potential client's site so I had to get up at a respectable hour and wear "business casual" attire. Whammy.

I didn't have time to cook breakfast for myself, so I ate an Egg McMuffin on the way to my meeting. I didn't get a picture of it because I am a bad enough driver in the first place. Adding food and a camera to the mix could have been deadly.

After the meeting, I had an hour to kill before my lunch dates that I had scheduled. There wasn't much open at 11 AM in the area that I was in, so I stopped in a small Vietnamese restaurant. I loved everything about this place, except for the food that was ordered.



Mi Li is a tiny restaurant with a few tables and booths, a pool table, several flat panel televisions and a big screen TV. I didn't use the restroom, so I can't fully rate the cleanliness of the establishment but the dining area was very clean and well-kept. So far, so good!



I gave the menu a quick look, but I wasn't at all hungry and I had a lunch meeting in an hour so I didn't order anything. The menu featured several varieties of "bubble smoothies" which involve tapioca and blended fruits. I've never heard of a bubble smoothie but apparently they have been all the rage for 10 years - or so I was told by my dining companion.


My friend ordered a pineapple bubble smoothie. She tried to get me to try it, but smoothies aren't my thing. I believe strongly that calories should never be consumed in liquid form unless their is alcohol involved.


My friend, ordered this for us to share. I have no idea what it's called but it involves fish cakes, bean sprouts, cucumber sticks, and a pork mixture in rice paper wrapper. The fish cakes looked unappetizing and I refused to try them. I tried the pork wontons and the pork mixture was really great but I really hated the texture of the steamed rice paper wrappers.

All in all, I loved this place even though I didn't really eat anything. I would love to go back and try the Pho next time - when I'm hungry.

I had a lunch meeting at Katzinger's in German Village at noon and I forgot to take a picture of my meal. I had a chef salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing. It was delicious.

Dinner... I was too lazy to cook dinner so we sent Tony out for White Castle. Ian and I had chicken rings. Connor and I shared some fries and he had cheeseburgers. Tony had cheeseburgers, onion chips, and mozzerella sticks. Apparently this combination is a gastrointestinal disaster that later resulted in Tony swearing off White Castle for the rest of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */