Sunday, April 19, 2009

Conducting and Experiment, Thursday - 4.16.2009


On Thursday morning I decided to test the theory that cast iron is supposed to be non-stick. I use my cast iron skillet quite often but always season it with a little bit of olive oil first. To test the non-stickness of my skillet, I decided to fry and egg in the skillet without any oil.


This started off well enough, and i was able to flip the egg without breaking the yolk but it took a lot of effort to get it unstuck from the pan.


Here's what the pan looked like after the egg was removed. My cast iron skillet is clearly not non-stick.


My egg sandwich turned out great though - one fried egg with a slice of american cheese on a multi-grain english muffin.


Late lunch/early dinner with Connor while Ian was in speech therapy. It was a nice day so we decided to sit outside.


Connor had two baked potatoes with cheese, a few chicken nuggets, and a small frosty from Wendy's.


Ian is attending a summer reading program at this school this summer, and Thursday was the introduction meeting for the parents and kids. The school was kind enough to provide Flyer's pizza for dinner and Ian was kind enough to make a really weird face when I took his picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */