Thursday, April 23, 2009

Breakfast, Post-Operative Puppy, and Tuna Casserole - 4.22.2009


We adopted our dog, Shadow, from a shelter 9 weeks ago. He went for his first vet visit on Tuesday and got a clean bill of health - except for his teeth. His dental care was obviously neglected for the first 5 years of his lift and he had some major tartar build up. The kids and I dropped Shadow off at the vet again the next morning so that he could have a deep dental cleaning. We had some time to kill before school, so we went to First Watch. Here's Ian with his beloved pancakes. Ian asked for coffee, and I told him no. We reached a compromise and he drank Diet Coke out of his coffee cup.



Connor's not a morning person and you can see it on his face in this picture. Connor had a three cheese omelet with a huge side of bacon.




Here's my breakfast. Two eggs over easy with turkey sausage and whole wheat toast.



I know that there are a lot of food snobs out there who would declare tuna casserole to be "disgusting" or "trashy" but it's one of my favorite foods. I make my casserole new-school style with penne, sharp cheddar, albacore tuna, peas, and sour cream. I have nothing against the old-school style of tuna casserole though. As a matter of fact, my mom makes a kick-ass casserole with chunk lite tuna, roux with milk and velvetta, and mushroom.



I've been married for almost 9 years and in that time, Tony has never consented to take even a small bite of tuna casserole. He has no idea what he's missing!




Here's the end product - with a heavy dose of cracked black pepper.




Shadow had to be put under, tubed, and put on an IV for his dental cleaning (yes - his teeth were that dirty). Once the vet took a good look at this teeth, he saw that one of the back teeth had a fracture and pulled it. Here's post-operative Shadow. Poor guy.



He stumbled around for a while and slept soundly all night.


Okay, this picture isn't for the faint of heart... Here's Shadow's tooth. It's HUGE! I jokingly told the kids that we needed to put in under Shadow's pillow for the Doggie Tooth Fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */